Double click to insert body text here ...
Due to the retirement of our current Headteacher, the Governors seek to appoint an inspirational and committed leader who has strategic vision and is passionate about promoting the school’s already excellent standards of teaching and learning.
Edinburgh Primary School is a welcoming, inclusive and culturally diverse three-form-entry school situated in the London Borough of Waltham Forest. It occupies a large site with extensive facilities, including a wildlife area, multi use games area, an allotment and creative play space. The school also has full access to a wide range of local amenities and parks which it shares with the local community.
The school has been rated as Good by Ofsted, (October 2018). The school holds a number of awards and certifications (details can be found on the school’s website www.edinburghprimary.co.uk). Staff and Governors have high expectations for our children and we are committed to providing a rich and vibrant curriculum.
Edinburgh Primary School is part of a soft federation – the Federation of Walthamstow Central Area Schools (FoWCAS) made up of the following local schools: Henry Maynard, Greenleaf, The Winns, Chapel End Infants and South Grove.
We are seeking a Headteacher who:
• Is able to communicate and drive a clear strategic vision for the school to enhance its current effectiveness
• Is dedicated to delivering a rich, broad and balanced curriculum
• Is capable of setting high expectations for all learners
• Strives to raise standards through exceptional leadership and management
• Works collaboratively, inspiring all members of the school community
• Is visible and accessible, and able to engage positively with our diverse parent community
• Has a firm commitment to pupil well-being and resilience
• Who will continue the school’s long tradition of inclusivity and local community engagement
In return we will offer the successful candidate:
• Happy, confident and enthusiastic children who enjoy school
• A cohesive team of dedicated and hardworking staff who are fully committed to the school and its pupils and keen to continue to drive the school on an upward trajectory
• A well established and highly skilled senior leadership team ready to work with you to achieve the best possible outcomes for pupils
• A fully supportive, motivated and skilled governing body who will work effectively in partnership with you
• A commitment to supporting children with SEND
• A well-resourced, well-maintained school with a sound budget
• Strong links to local schools
If you are passionate about education and are seeking an exciting career opportunity, Edinburgh Primary would welcome your application and will offer you a stimulating and rewarding headship.
We strongly recommend that you arrange to come and visit the school before submitting an application for the post. This can be arranged by contacting the school office on 0208 509 6180.
Range: L21 – L27; £68.559 - £78,905
Salary Group 4
Contract type: Full Time
Closing date for applications: Friday the 8th of March 2019 (4pm)
Applications need to be posted to the school or by email to email@example.com
Interviews will take place the week commencing the 25th of March
The Head teacher will be accountable to the Governors and together they will be responsible for the strategic leadership of the school.
The post will be performed in accordance with the provisions of the School Teachers' Pay and Conditions document and within the range of teachers' duties set out in that document.
Applicant Letter from
Chair of Governors
Disqualification by Association Form